Los Angeles Photographer
My friends would describe me as talented, generous, organized, creative, hardworking, passionate, and an all around badass chick.
Similar to other lifelong photographers, I was given an old film camera in high school and developed my own black and white pictures in a dark room. At the age of 17, my first photo job was working at a children's portrait studio in the mall where I learned how to get kids to smile without saying "cheese." Some highlights from my time at Northern Illinois University, was being a photojournalist for my school's newspaper, teaching English in China for a summer, taking horseback riding classes for a year, and graduating with honors. After that, I started working as a full-time photo editor for a real estate marketing company. On the weekends, I photographed Chicago's nightlife and was soon recruited to photograph weddings.
In the summer of 2008, I followed my heart from Chicago to Los Angeles in search of adventures. While in Southern California, I have photographed over 250+ weddings and 4500+ properties. The favorite part of my work is being able to create something special for my clients at the biggest transitions of their life. With weddings, it's truly an honor to document love and growing families. With real estate, I get a rare peek into people's lives with beautiful architecture and interior designs.
If I wasn't a lifelong shutterbug, I'd consider a career as a matchmaker or hair stylist. Actually, if you're single and would like some help with your online dating profile pictures, contact me today. I can help get you better pictures, to get you more clicks, and a greater chance of meeting someone special.
In my free time, I enjoy playing spades, baking, and traveling. Over the last couple of years, I visited New Orleans, Monterey, Houston, Oklahoma, Mammoth, and Chicago. Check out my BLOG to view some of my personal adventures and recent work.
Above on the left is me trying to blend in at the beach. In my "What's in the Bag?" webpage, you will find a more extensive list about my camera gear. The picture on the right is me working my first photography job at Picture People. You may notice in a lot of my group selfies, I am usually at the end. That is because, I pose everyone and jump in last.
Associate Photographer for ZenHouse Collective 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
FAA Certified Drone Pilot 2019, 2020
Official photographer Sony's Destination Playstation
- Costa Rica 2011
- Cabo 2013, 2014
- Santa Monica 2013
- Arizona 2014
Associate Photographer for The Long Beach Museum of Art 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Member of Photography for Real Estate Forum (PFRE) 2019, 2020
Wedding & Portrait Photographer International (WPPI) 2011, 2012, 2013, 2017
Associate Photographer for Orange County Beach Weddings 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Partnership with David's Bridal 2015
Best of The Knot Weddings 2011, 2012, 2013
Bride’s Choice Award Wedding Wire 2012
- Portraits by Mario Testino, a beautiful photo book of celebrities. I used to rip the pages out and hang them on my walls. My style of photography is greatly inspired by his work with vibrant colors and a strong connection to subjects.
- The Four Agreements. I love the concept of "Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Always do your best."
- Things I Wish My Mother Told Me: A Guide to Living with Impeccable Grace and Style by Lucia van der Post. She has some great tips on domestic life, like places to visit while traveling in Europe, what to pack for a picnic, etc.
- Dan Brown The DaVinci Code - really anything by Dan Brown
- The Mysteries of Harris Burdick, by Chris Van Allsburg. It's a children's book with curious illustrations and very little text. Readers are encouraged to come up with their own stories using their imagination. Chris Van Allsburg is also the creator or Polar Express (my nephew Lucas' favorite movie), Jumanji, and Zathura.
Currently Reading: I Think You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
Favorite TV Shows
- Six Feet Under
- The Great British Baking Show
- Schitt's Creek
- Black Mirror
- Judge Judy
- Pulp Fiction
- Family Man
- You've Got Mail
- Minority Report
- American Beauty
- Allen Chiropractic
- Beach Beauty Bar
- Ben Rose Photography
- Bryant \ Reichling
- Brides Magazine
- California Tourism
- California Closets
- Chris Kim Photography
- Dark Matter FX
- David England Photography
- Diverse Journeys
- East West Bank
- Flying Flags RV Resort & Campground
- Federal Realty
- Hong Kong Tourism Board
- Innovate SoCal
- Karen Lower
- Keller Williams
- Kasa Living
- Kevin Tsai Architecture
- Kristine Ko Photography
- The Long Beach Museum of Art
- Lovesome Chocolate
- Mirman School
- Modern Farmhouse Magazine
- Orange County Beach Weddings
- Quorum Architects, Inc.
- Rob Greer Photography
- Rogers Behavioral Health
- Sandler Partners
- SPACES Menlo Park, 2016
- Suttie Wealth Management
- Stungun Productions
- Studio 1208
- The Victorian
- TM Financial
- USC Kappa Alpha Theta
- Victoria Flame Events
Sherri Johnson | Los Angeles Photographer
Portraits | Weddings | Events | Real Estate
(657) 203-1327 firstname.lastname@example.org