Los Angeles Photographer
My name is Sherri Johnson and I am a photographer in Los Angeles specializing in people and places.
Close friends would describe me as talented, generous, organized, creative, hardworking, passionate, and an all-around badass chick. I would say I'm just a girl living my dream, taking pictures in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
My photo journey started early in life. My first job in high school was photographing children’s portraits at the mall where I learned how to get kids to smile without saying "cheese." I graduated from Northern Illinois University where highlights include being a photojournalist for the school's paper, taking horseback riding classes for a year, and teaching English in China for a summer. After college, I started retouching pictures full-time for a real estate marketing company in the northwest suburbs of Chicago at VHT Studios. I've always loved seeing cool homes and dreaming of what it would be like to live there.
In the summer of 2008, I moved to Los Angeles to start my freelance career and have since then, photographed over 250+ weddings and 4500+ residential properties including many million-dollar listings and celebrity homes. I am often praised for my attention to detail, relaxed imagery, a great eye for color, and quick turnaround times. Recently in the spring of 2021, I was recruited to join CoStar Group focusing my talents on photographing architecture for commercial projects.
If I wasn't a lifelong shutterbug, I'd consider a career as a matchmaker or hairstylist. Actually, if you're single and would like some help with your love life, contact me! I would love to help you with your online dating profile. I promise to help guide you in achieving the best pictures so you may meet someone special.
- I'm about the same age as Kim Kardashian, Amy Schumer, and Meghan Markle.
- I am a Scorpio and my favorite color is blue.
- I have an irrational fear of train tracks and elevators.
- My hobbies include travel, fine dining, hiking, and baking.
- Sherri J Photography, Independent Business Owner 2008 - present
- FAA Certified Drone Pilot 2019 - present
- Architectural Photographer CoStar Group 2021 - present
- Associate Photographer ZenHouse Collective 2015 - 2021
- Official photographer Sony's Destination Playstation (Costa Rica, Cabo, Arizona 2011, 2013, 2014)
- Preferred Photographer The Long Beach Museum of Art 2013 - present
- Member Canon Professionals 2011 - present
- Preferred Photographer Shorebreak Hotel 2020 - present
- Member Photography for Real Estate Forum 2019 - present
- Member Dwellsy Lightbox 2020 - present
- Member Wedding & Portrait Photographer International 2011 - 2017
- Partnership Orange County Beach Weddings, California 2013 - 2020
- Partnership David's Bridal, Beverly Hills, California
- The Knot's "Best of Weddings" 2011 - 2013
- Bride’s Choice Award "Best Of" Wedding Wire 2012
- Newborn Photographer UCLA, Santa Monica 2010 - 2011
- Lead Color Artist Cassiday Studios, Mar Vista, CA 2008 - 2012
- Photo Editor VHT, Chicago IL 2007-2017
- News Wire "Hong Kong · Live in L.A." Event Immerses Angelenos in Authentic Culture and Cuisine, 2019
- Ojai Farmhouse Modern Farmhouse & Living Magazine Winter 2019, 16 pages
- Midcentury Masterpiece in Rolling Hills for award-winning architect Kevin Tsai 2018
- Flying Flags RV Resort & Campground 2015
- SPACES Menlo Park, California 2016
- Diverse Journeys 2019, 2020
- Rogers Behavioral Health 2019
- Quorum Architects 2019, 2020
- Beach Beauty Bar, Huntington Beach
- Allen Chiropractic, Mission Viejo
- Brides Magazine, Purple Reign September 2014
- The Knot: Holland Roden Hosts Bridal Shower for BFF Mahaley Patel’s Indian Wedding, March 2016
- Chicago Wedding Guide, December 2014
- Ceremony Magazine
- Engaged and Inspired
- 100 Layer Cake
- Party Slate
- Project Wedding Blog
- Rock n Roll Bride
- WedLuxe Blog
- Wedding Chicks
Sherri Johnson | Los Angeles Photographer
Portraits | Weddings | Events | Real Estate
(657) 203-1327 email@example.com