Los Angeles Photographer
My friends would describe me as talented, generous, organized, creative, hardworking, passionate, and an all-around badass chick.
Growing up, I've always like taking pictures of my travels. In high school, I was given an old film camera and developed my own black and white pictures in a dark room. At the age of 17, my first photo job was working at a children's portrait studio in the mall where I learned how to get kids to smile without saying "cheese." Some highlights from my time at Northern Illinois University was being a photojournalist for my school's newspaper, teaching English in China for a summer, taking horseback riding classes for a year, and graduating with honors. After that, I started working as a full-time photo editor for a real estate marketing company. On the weekends, I photographed Chicago's nightlife and was soon recruited to photograph weddings.
In the summer of 2008, I followed my heart from Chicago to Los Angeles in search of adventures. While in Southern California, I have photographed over 250+ weddings and 4500+ properties. The favorite part of my work is being able to create something special for my clients during some of the biggest transitions of their life. With weddings, it's truly an honor to document love and growing families. With real estate, I get a rare glimpse into people's lives in Los Angeles with beautiful architecture and interior designs.
If I wasn't a lifelong shutterbug, I'd consider a career as a matchmaker or hairstylist. If you're single and would like some help with your online dating profile pictures, contact me today. I can help get you better pictures, to get you more clicks, and a greater chance of meeting someone special.
In my free time, I enjoy playing spades, baking, and traveling. Over the past few years, I have been fortunate to have visited New Orleans, Monterey, Houston, Mammoth, Chicago, Paris, Venice, and Florence. Check out my BLOG to view some of my personal adventures and recent work.
Above on the left is me trying to blend in at the beach. In my "What's in the Bag?" webpage, you will find a more extensive list about my camera gear. The picture on the right is me working my first photography job at Picture People in the mall. You may notice in a lot of my group selfies, I am usually at the end. That is because I pose everyone and then jump in last.
- Portraits by Mario Testino, a beautiful photo book of celebrities. I used to rip the pages out and hang them on my walls. My style of photography is greatly inspired by his work with vibrant colors and a strong connection to subjects.
- The Four Agreements. I love the concept of "Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Always do your best."
- Things I Wish My Mother Told Me: A Guide to Living with Impeccable Grace and Style by Lucia van der Post. She has some great tips on domestic life, like places to visit while traveling in Europe, what to pack for a picnic, etc.
- Dan Brown The DaVinci Code - really anything by Dan Brown
- The Mysteries of Harris Burdick, by Chris Van Allsburg. It's a children's book with curious illustrations and very little text. Readers are encouraged to come up with their own stories using their imagination. Chris Van Allsburg is also the creator or Polar Express (my nephew Lucas' favorite movie), Jumanji, and Zathura.
Favorite TV Shows
- Six Feet Under
- Schitt's Creek
- Judge Judy
- Shark Tank
- Black Mirror
- Pulp Fiction
- American Beauty
- Family Man
- You've Got Mail
- Zelda - Breath of the Wild
Sherri Johnson | Los Angeles Photographer
Portraits | Weddings | Events | Real Estate
(657) 203-1327 firstname.lastname@example.org