Los Angeles Photographer
Hello and welcome!
My friends would describe me as talented, generous, organized, creative, hardworking, passionate, and an all-around badass chick.
Here's a quick recap on how I got here:
- In high school, I was given an old film camera and learned how to develop black and white pictures in a dark room. There has always been something special about shooting on film when you were forced to be more patient with the process of capture and getting prints back from a lab.
- At the young age of 17, I worked at a children's photography studio in the mall where I mastered the art of single-subject portraits and group posing. I also learned how to get kids to smile without saying "cheese." Eventually, I won some national awards but the most rewarding part of that experience was having parents request me to photograph their children as they grew older over the years.
- Highlights from my time at Northern Illinois University included being a photojournalist for my school's newspaper, teaching English in China for a summer, taking horseback riding classes for a year, and graduating with honors.
- After college, I started working as a full-time real estate photo editor at VHT. I've always loved seeing nicely decorated homes and dreaming of what it would be like to live there. Processing hundreds of images a day helped me understand ways photographers could shoot better in-camera, causing less work in post-production, resulting in more natural-looking images.
- On weekends, I photographed Chicago's nightlife for Clubline Magazine and was soon recruited to photograph weddings.
In the summer of 2008, I followed my heart from Chicago to Los Angeles in search of love and adventures. While in Southern California, I have photographed over 250+ weddings and 4500+ properties.
My favorite part about being a professional photographer is being able to create something special for my clients. For weddings, it's an honor to document a couple's best day ever as they are surrounded by people who love them most. After the event, my images are cherished for a lifetime. On the other hand, high-end real estate brings me to many cool homes in Los Angeles. The lifespan of real estate pictures is usually only a few months but it's so important to have really good ones!
If I wasn't a lifelong shutterbug, I'd consider a career as a matchmaker or hairstylist. Actually, if you're single and would like some help with your love life, contact me! I would love to help you with your online dating profile. I promise to help guide you in achieving the best pictures so you may meet someone special.
- I'm about the same age as Kim Kardashian, Amy Schumer, and Meghan Markle.
- My favorite photographers are Jose Villa for his work with weddings on film, Jeff Newsom for creative portraits and innovative use of lighting, and Mario Testino for his fashion and celebrity work.
- I am a Scorpio and my favorite color is blue.
- I have an irrational fear of train tracks and elevators.
- In my free time, I enjoy playing Homescapes, baking, and travel.
Sherri Johnson | Los Angeles Photographer
Portraits | Weddings | Events | Real Estate
(657) 203-1327 firstname.lastname@example.org