Hello and welcome!
My name is Sherri Johnson and I am a lifelong artist and lover of photography.
Work includes over 140+ weddings in Southern California*. Real Estate marketing expert photographing over 3500+ properties including hotels for Orbitz* and commercial offices for Regus. I've also photographed a few corporate events for Sony including the E3 Press Expo in Los Angeles and Destination PlayStation traveling to Arizona, Costa Rica, and Cabo.
These days you can find me photographing pretty homes, eating yummy wedding cake, or helping new photographers just starting out with their business.
In my (rare) free time, I enjoy horseback riding, foodie adventures, and road trips. I recently just went on my first trip to Europe to see Venice, Paris, and Florence.
- Member of Wedding & Portrait Photographer International (2011, 2012, 2013, 2017)
- “Best of” The Knot (2011, 2012, 2013)
- “Bride’s Choice Award” Wedding Wire (2012)
- Preferred Photographer for The Long Beach Museum of Art
Random but fun facts about me
- My first full time job out of college was editing photos for a real estate marketing company. I've always thought it was cool seeing all of the nicely decorated houses and dreaming of what it would be like to live there. On the weekends, I would photograph events at nightclubs and got really good at taking pictures in the dark.
- In the summer of 2008, I followed my heart across country to sunny Southern California in search for pretty light, love, and adventure
- I'm also tall, 5'10" the last time I checked.
- My nationality is mix of Korean (mom) and American.
- I've often been told I look like Catherine Zeta-Jones- which is kinda funny because she is not part Asian at all. I'm also about the same age as Kim Kardashian and Beyonce.
- My favorite photographers are Rob Greer (mentor), Jose Villa (weddings), and Mike Kelley (architecture)
- I'm lucky. One time I won a VitaMix at Whole Foods!
- I have excellent color vision, which makes me an excellent photo editor. Take a fun test HERE to see how you measure up.
- I'm not that picky when it comes to snacks... I'll eat anything from Taco Trucks to Tasting Menus. The best thing I've ever eaten was truffle pasta in Florence, Parrotfish in Bora Bora, and cold squid ink pasta with uni at Mozza Osteria on Melrose. Maybe my next career move will be food photography! ;)
- I've lived all over the Los Angeles area from the Valley, to Santa Monica and Mar Vista, and then a couple years down in the cutest beach cottage in Huntington Beach. I now live in Highland Park with my boyfriend Matt who is the Ultimate Dodger Super Fan and an amazing gourmet chef. We have two big dogs, a black cat, and pretty views of the Foothills and Downtown Los Angeles.
- Brides Magazine August 2014
- Chicago Wedding Guide December 2014
- People: Celebrity Wedding in Palm Springs, (w/ Studio 1208) March 2017
- Holland Roden Hosts bridal shower for BFF Mahaley Patel, March 2016
- Nordstrom's blog feature about wedding cakes
- Unique Vintage Circus Wedding, as seen on Rock n Roll Bride, September 2015
- Huntington Beach Wedding Photos, Snapknot March 2014
- Bianca in Custom Ines Di Santo Marries Eric Near the Sea, March 2013
- Featured Listing on The Knot, Award for Best Wedding Photographer (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Ben & Amber's backyard wedding, February 2011
Recent Property Publications
- Madmen's Jon Hamm Snags home in Los Feliz- Variety 04/11/17
- Kendall Jenner buys Emily Blunt's home for $6.5 million- 07/01/16
- YouTube Star buys home in Northeast LA- Variety 12/6/16
- Former Home of John Lennon & Yoko Ono- The Hollywood Home 03/16/17
- 1936 Art Deco Streamline Moderne- The Eastsider 06/07/17
- Spanish Bungalow in Echo Park- Curbed LA 03/9/17
- John Larroquette lists Marina Del Rey Home for $3.75 million- 02/13/17
- Barbara Stanwyck's Whitley Heights Estate for Lease - 05/09/17
- Private Modern Celebrity Home for Lease- The Hollywood Home 03/16/17
- Romantic Hollywood Hills Cottage- 03/10/17
- Old Hollywood Glamour in Whitley Heights- 12/04/16
- Private Modern Luxury Living on the Venice Canals- 10/27/16
- Modern Living LA- Hollywood and Vine 07/01/2015
- LA Times- Country Farmhouse in Malibu 09/15/16
- Revamped Silver Lake Bungalow- Curbed LA 03/27/17
- Hacienda-style house blends old and new- LA Times 10/24/15
- Romantic 1920s Spanish asking $1.6M in Whitley Heights 12/05/16
Places & Spaces
- REGUS Offices: Arcadia, Burbank, El Segundo, Gardena, Hermosa Beach, Lompoc, Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Orange, Pasadena, Solano Beach, San Diego Emerald Plaza, San Diego Mission Valley, San Diego Stonecrest, Santa Monica, Torrance
- Flying Flags RV Resort & Campground, Buellton
- Red Roof Inn: Lompoc, Ontario, Santa Ana
Hotels for Orbitz
- Annabelle, Burbank | Cecil Hotel, Los Angeles | Chamberlain, West Hollywood | Custom Hotel, Los Angeles | Crowne Plaza Resort Garden Grove | Desert Palms, Anaheim | Fairmont, Newport Beach | Fairmont, Santa Monica | Grafton on Sunset, Hollywood | Hilton, Universal City | Holiday Inn, Universal Studios | Hotel Angeleno, Los Angeles | Hotel Amarano, Burbank | Howard Johnson, Fullerton | Intercontinental, Los Angeles | Kawada Hotel, Los Angeles | Le Parc Suite Hotel, West Hollywood | Le Montrose Suite Hotel, West Hollywood | Lemon Tree Hotel, Pomona | Marina International Hotel, Los Angeles | Miyako Hybrid Hotel, Los Angeles | Mr C, Beverly Hills | Omni, Los Angeles | Pacific Palms Resort, City of Industry | Portofino Hotel, Redondo Beach | Raddison, Newport Beach | Ramada Plaza Hotel, West Hollywood | Riviera, Palm Springs | Roosevelt, Hollywood | Safari Inn, Burbank | Sheraton, Anaheim | Terranea, Palos Verdes | The Culver Hotel, Culver City | The Queen Mary, Long Beach | Thompson Beverly Hills, Hollywood | Wave Hotel, Manhattan Beach | Westin Bonaventure Hotel, Los Angeles