About Sherri J
Hello and welcome!
My name is Sherri Johnson and I am a Los Angeles photographer specializing in people and places.
- “Best of” The Knot (2011, 2012, 2013)
- “Bride’s Choice Award” Wedding Wire (2012)
- Official photographer for Sony's Destination Playstation (2011, 2013, 2014)
- Member of Wedding & Portrait Photographer International (2011, 2012, 2013, 2017)
- Preferred Photographer for The Long Beach Museum of Art
- Preferred Photographer for Orange County Beach Weddings
Random but fun facts about me
- Originally from the Chicago area, my first job out of college was editing pictures for a real estate marketing company. On the weekends, I would photograph for Chicago's Clubline magazine and got really good at approaching strangers and taking pictures in the dark.
- Over the past decade, I have photographed 150+ weddings and 3650+ properties in Southern California.
- I'm tall - 5'10" the last time I checked.
- I'll eat anything from Taco Trucks to Tasting Menus. A few of the best things I've ever eaten was truffle pasta in Florence, the Original #19 at Langer's Deli, and my boyfriend's Kung Pao Chicken.
- I'm pretty lucky... like that one time I won a VitaMix at Whole Foods!
- I have excellent color vision which makes me a great photo editor. If you're curious what that means, click HERE to learn more and take a quick test to see how you measure up.
- My favorite photographers include Mario Testino (fashion - love his work with color!), Jose Villa (pretty weddings on film), Rob Greer (mentor), Michael Kelly (architecture), Studio 1208 (destination weddings), and Jeff Newsom (weddings documented in a way you've probably never seen before).
- In my (rare) free time I enjoy horseback riding, playing Zelda, listening to podcasts in the car (currently listening to Tony Robbins, Chase Jarvis Live Show, Ted Talks, This American Life, Stuff You Should Know), Netflix and chillin'.
- Brides Magazine August 2014, in print and online
- People Magazine Celebrity Wedding in Palm Springs, (w/ Studio 1208) March 2017
- The Knot Holland Roden Hosts bridal shower for BFF Mahaley Patel, March 2016
- Chicago Wedding Guide December 2014
- Nordstrom's blog feature about wedding cakes
- Rock n Roll Bride Unique Vintage Circus Wedding, September 2015
- Huntington Beach Wedding Photos, Snapknot March 2014
- Bianca in Custom Ines Di Santo Marries Eric Near the Sea, March 2013
- Ceremony Blog: Melissa and Jeff Moorpark, October 2012
- Ceremony Blog: Shana & Brandon Los Olivos, August 2012
- Ceremony Blog: Victoria & Tony Malibu, June 2012
- Ceremony Blog: Melissa & Ray Moorpark, September 2011
- Ceremony Blog: Angela & Eugene Malibu, July 2011
- Ceremony Blog: Manami & Nicholas Long Beach, June 2011
- Intimate Wedding Ben & Amber Encino backyard wedding, February 2011
- Gravity Home: A Modern Farmhouse in Ojai - 09/10/17
- Curbed LA: 1915 Hollywood bungalow with designer updates wants $1.72M - 8/2/17
- Celebrity Home Styled by Em Henderson- Los Feliz
- Variety: Madmen's Jon Hamm Snags home in Los Feliz - 04/11/17
- Trulia: Kendall Jenner buys Emily Blunt's home for $6.5 million - 07/01/16
- TMZ Playboy's Holly Madison- Live Like the "Girl Next Door" - 2/17/16
- Curbed LA: Romantic 1920s Spanish Colonial Revival in Whitley Heights asking $1.4M - 08/11/17
- Variety: YouTube Star buys home in Northeast LA - 12/6/16
- Former Home of John Lennon & Yoko Ono - The Hollywood Home 03/16/17
- The Eastsider: 1936 Art Deco Streamline Moderne - 06/07/17
- Curbed LA: Spanish Bungalow in Echo Park - 03/9/17
- John Larroquette lists Marina Del Rey Home for $3.75 million - 02/13/17
- Barbara Stanwyck's Whitley Heights Estate for Lease - The Hollywood Home 05/09/17
- Private Modern Celebrity Home for Lease - The Hollywood Home 03/16/17
- Romantic Hollywood Hills Cottage - The Hollywood Home 03/10/17
- Old Hollywood Glamour in Whitley Heights - The Hollywood Home 12/04/16
- Private Modern Luxury Living on the Venice Canals - The Hollywood Home 10/27/16
- Modern Living LA: Hollywood and Vine 07/01/2015
- LA Times: Country Farmhouse in Malibu - 09/15/16
- Curbed LA: Revamped Silver Lake Bungalow - 03/27/17
- LA Times Hacienda-style house blends old and new - 10/24/15
- Curbed LA: Romantic 1920s Spanish asking $1.6M in Whitley Heights - 12/05/16
- The Eastsider: Remodeled Highland Park Bungalow between Fig and York - 07/13/17
- The Eastsider: Final Condos in South Pasadena Mission District - 07/07/17
- The Eastsider: Contemporary Silverlake Townhome Eastsider - 06/17/17
- The Eastsider: With home prices on the rise, have you considered Toluca Lake? - 6/15/17
- The Eastsider: A Piece of Architectural History for Sale in Los Feliz - 06/14/17
More Places & Spaces
- REGUS - Arcadia, Burbank | El Segundo, Gardena | Hermosa Beach, Lompoc | Los Angeles, Menlo Park | Orange | Pasadena | Solano Beach | San Diego Emerald Plaza | San Diego Mission Valley | San Diego Stonecrest | Santa Monica | Torrance
- Flying Flags RV Resort & Campground Buellton
- Red Roof Inn - Lompoc, Ontario, Santa Ana
- Orbitz - Annabelle, Burbank | Cecil Hotel, Los Angeles | Chamberlain, West Hollywood | Custom Hotel, Los Angeles | Crowne Plaza Resort Garden Grove | Desert Palms, Anaheim | Fairmont, Newport Beach | Fairmont, Santa Monica | Grafton on Sunset, Hollywood | Hilton, Universal City | Holiday Inn, Universal Studios | Hotel Angeleno, Los Angeles | Hotel Amarano, Burbank | Howard Johnson, Fullerton | Intercontinental, Los Angeles | Kawada Hotel, Los Angeles | Le Parc Suite Hotel, West Hollywood | Le Montrose Suite Hotel, West Hollywood | Lemon Tree Hotel, Pomona | Marina International Hotel, Los Angeles | Miyako Hybrid Hotel, Los Angeles | Mr C, Beverly Hills | Omni, Los Angeles | Pacific Palms Resort, City of Industry | Portofino Hotel, Redondo Beach | Radisson, Newport Beach | Ramada Plaza Hotel, West Hollywood | Riviera, Palm Springs | Roosevelt, Hollywood | Safari Inn, Burbank | Sheraton, Anaheim | Terranea, Palos Verdes | The Culver Hotel, Culver City | The Queen Mary, Long Beach | Thompson Beverly Hills, Hollywood | Wave Hotel, Manhattan Beach | Westin Bonaventure Hotel, Los Angeles